If you have created a document template that you would like to use in another record type, you can easily copy it from one record type to another by copying one template's HTML code (which can be found in the template's Code View) and pasting it to the other. Simply follow the steps below to easily copy the HTML code from one Document template's Code View to the other (in this example, we'll be copying the Code View from "Document A" to "Document B"):
- Click into Document A's template's code view and press CTRL+A (PC users) or Command+A (Apple users) to highlight the entire code view.
- Press CTRL+C (PC users) or Command+C (Apple users) to copy Document A's entire code view which you highlighted in step 1.
- Navigate to Document B and click into the Code View. Then, press CTRL+A (PC users) or Command+A (Apple users) to highlight the entire code view.
- Press CTRL+V (PC users) or Command+V (Apple users) to paste the HTML from Document A's Code View into Document B's Code View. This will overwrite Document B's HTML so that Document B will now be a mirror copy of Document A.
- Click on the Code View button again which will close the Code View and display the updated document template.
- Click "Save." Please note that in order to save the changes, you must close the Code View before saving.
The Code View icon is circled in the icon in the screenshots below, where you'll see what the screen looks like when toggling Code View On and Off:
• Document template view:
• Code View screen