With the OpenGov PLC and Stripe terminal integration, you will be able to swipe credit card payments and have the record page update automatically once the payment has been made.
How to connect your Stripe terminal:
- In order to power on your Stripe terminal, plug an ethernet cable into the P400 connector cable that came with the terminal. The ethernet cable should come directly from the wall (or another source) and plugged directly into the "ETH" port in the connector.
- Once the terminal is plugged into your network, you will need to register it with your Stripe account. This can be done by navigating to your PLC payment settings and clicking the "Edit Settings" button.
- Clicking the "Edit Settings" button will open a new tab to your Stripe account. Once you have logged in, click the "Terminal" option on the left nav bar.
- Now that you are in the Terminal settings, click the "+ New" button in the top right corner of the page and fill out the location information. This should be the physical location of the Stripe terminal.
- After you have added a location, you will need to enter a code on the Stripe terminal. The code is 07139.
- Once the code has been entered into the terminal, navigate to your Stripe terminal dashboard and click the "+ New" button in the "Readers" section. Once that is clicked, it will ask for a unique code. The code will be displayed on the terminal.
- Once the setup has been completed, you will see your new terminal in the list of readers.
Please note that once you enable your Stripe terminal, the default credit card payment method in PLC will be the terminal. However, you can still select to manually enter the credit card number.