Refunds can be issued at any time for payments listed in ViewPoint Cloud. Please note that System and Record Type Administrators ONLY can issue refunds; applicants and employee level users without administrative level access cannot issue refunds.
• How to Issue a Refund:
- Go to the Payment Step in the record's Timeline.
- In the Payments section, click on the 3 vertical dots next to the desired payment.
- Select Refund.
In the pop up that appears:
- Select if this will be a Full Refund or a Partial Refund.
- If it's a Partial Refund, you'll be prompted to enter the amount.
- Click "Refund" at the bottom right corner of the field.
The step will automatically refund the amount back to the applicant and recalculate the balance in the Payment step to reflect that the refund was issued. The applicant will also be sent an email confirming the transaction. If the applicant owes any money, the step will reactivate and the applicant will be prompted to pay the amount due.
Please note: The payment will be refunded through Stripe, and you do not need to log in to your Stripe account to process the refund. However if you process a refund through Stripe, it will not be reflected in ViewPoint Cloud.
Once a payment is refunded, it will be accounted for in the Payments reports and on the record itself. The payment does not need to be voided. For more information on voiding payments, please see our article, Voiding Payments.